Monday, September 17, 2007

I was just reviewing some previous postings and picked up on Burl's mention of the Davey brothers.

When one of the brothers took home the keys to the warehouse where we stored our copper and other high value metals, I was able to track him to a trailer in an upscale trailer park where he was apparently boarding with a family. He appeared chagrinned and handed me the keys. I wrote it off as a mistake.

When I received a call from our friendly competitor, Bill Gehrky, informing me that the boys had just visited him in my truck offering to sell him a load of scrap metal they were transporting from a customer to my yard, I decided that I had had enough of the Davey brothers and they were history.

I can't remember the name of the other young fellow who I had as store manager for a while who spirited a $1500. 00 welding machine off the sales floor while he was alone in the store and hocked it at Valear's across the alley.

It was alleged that he had participated with the Daveys in other petty thievery. After I suggested that he replace the machine imediately and then clear out, Burl reported that the man had visited his house as a representative of the gas company making adjustments on gas appliances in people's homes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home