Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I could write a book.........

My late wife, Jeannie, spent twenty lousy years in and out of hospitals. I think after 13 procedures we went almost a year hospital free.

Each time she would say I have another chapter for the book I am going to write. Unfortunately she never recorded her experiences.

Somewhere in the history of medicine there has developed a Nurse Cratchet syndrome that assumes that once you have signed in to a hospital you have forfeited all rights as a citizen and as a human,

Let's start at the very beginning. In her first visit to the hospital she was experiencing contnued and almost unbearable pain. She found that laying her head off the mattress eased the pain. The nurses were aghast. We don't want you falling out of bed, honey!

I had a major tantrum when I came into the room and saw her wrists tied to the bedrail.

(To be continued)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Barer said...

Hi Alan-
I am inspired to read your blog.
You COULD write a book! But we are all happy to at least have your blog!
Write on....
Deb

8:25 AM  
Blogger Burl Barer said...

On the subject of BB&S employees, I recall one young gent who was engaged to a lovely blond but, at the last minute, married her sister instead! Seems he had been "seeing" both of them and the "other one" became pregnant. After the child was born, he brought the kid by the shop to show her off - then took his wife for lunch at that Mexican restaurant on 9th Ave. When his wife got out of the car, he gunned the engine and took off with the newborn, leaving his bride in a cloud of dust. He wound up in Montana with the child, who became ill, and he had to bring the baby back. I never heard "the rest of the story."

1:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home