Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Family Anomaly-

When Danny was young his hair was very straight. Worn in a page boy bob ala the Beattles he was often mistaken for a girl.

As he reached adolescence he began experiencing a whole new hair pattern. Barbers reported they had never seen anything like it.

I recalled complimenting my father on his striking wavy hair. He told me at that time his original hair pattern had been very straight. In Russia at the age of ten or eleven he had ringworm, a parasite that attacks the scalp. The only known cure was to keep the head shaved. When his hair was allowed to grow back it was the luxuriant wavy black hair that endured through the rest of his life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Barer said...

I always thought I got the curly hair from mom.

You might say my hair went from the Beatles circa 1964 to the Beatles circa 1970.

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home