Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Burl asked about the parachute drums.

Before I go any further I have to tell a story that has been dear to me all these years. I believe I was still at th U. when the first shipments arrived. Uncle Dave asked me take some samples to Seattle to pedal them.

I tried "The Three GIs". While they advertised that their business was "ïn tents" their office was actually a surplus quonset hut I don't remember whether it was George, Don, or Buford togged out in surplus army uniform who informed me he had seen them advertised and had passed on them.

Next I tried a barrel reseller. A young man met me at the warehouse door and we began chatting and I showed him a sample of the unique half drums at which point an older man came out of the office.

Dad this is Mr. Barer from Walla Walla. He has these interesting army surplus drums for sale.

So he has them in Valla Valla? So ve are in Seattle! So vat do ve do? Meet inYakima?

I could see the interview was over

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike Barer said...

Maybe Gene Krupa could have used them.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home